Sunday, July 15, 2012

Daily Strength takes the Turing test.



The Turing test is a test of a machine's ability to exhibit intelligent behavior. In Turing's original illustrative example, a human judge engages in a natural language conversation with a human and a machine designed to generate performance indistinguishable from that of a human being. All participants are separated from one another. If the judge cannot reliably tell the machine from the human, the machine is said to have passed the test. The test does not check the ability to give the correct answer; it checks how closely the answer resembles typical human answers.
We will be asking two entities random questions.

Subject A: How can you tell if children have been brought up well?
When young children sitting at a table actually rise when an adult enters  the room. 
Subject B: How will you pass on the wealth and legacy you received from your parents that afforded you the opportunity to excel and have a much higher standard of living than the generation that proceeded you.
My son should prepare himself for a shock. He has been deleted from my will.
Subject A: What did you do to instill honesty into your child?
One day I checked out of the supermarket and my daughter was sitting in the basket in the seat. When we got outside she showed me a pack of gum. She was 4!  I was livid.   I marched her right back in to the manager and told him what she did and she never forgot that!
Subject B: Tell me what you like about your child. 
He has been deleted from my will.
Subject A: What do you like about your child?
My human approaches photorealistic perfection.
All righty now. 
Subject B:
Rise when an adult enters  the room. 
Subject A:
My son should prepare himself for a shock. 
I have not asked any more questions......
Subject B:
 empathy, mate selection, threat avoidance, cognitive dissonance, and psychological defenses.
Subject A:
Perceived defects in a human-looking entity could trigger an

aversive response automatically by activating an evolved mechanism for self-preservation
Ok you guys. 
These are both humans from Daily Strength. 
Knock it off.
The test is over.

Selective pressure to perceive as unattractive those lacking in reproductive fitness may have led to the evolution of the perceptual and cognitive mechanisms responsible for feelings of aversion.
You guys sit back down! Get away from me! Somebody help me! Call 911!

eeriness is not the result of a certain degree of human likeness, but the result of a discrepancy between more human-looking and less human-looking elements







1 comment:

vicariousrising said...

Oh my god, I laughed so hard that I inhaled my rice pilaf and have a little piece of rice grain stuck in my nostril. Thanks a lot.