Friday, September 28, 2012

The Ghost of Jim Goad.




An acquaintance here known as Texarkana Friend wants to share the link to a writer that is phenomenal. When it comes to surviving in the toxic after glow of dysfunctional angst, this guy tells it like it is.

This is the work Tex pointed me to first. It's not for the cumbayah mindset. But it's fucking great.




This is his website:

http://jimgoad.net/

This is the beginning of the writing that the link leads you to. 


Most men spend their lives fearing their mothers. I've spent
my life plotting ways to kill her.
You don’t understand, do you? Let me guess—you had a nice
mommy. She shoved that warm rosebud of a nipple into your bawling pink mouth. She wiped your heinie and harnessed you in a dry
plastic diaper. She tickled your bellybutton. She dressed you in
fluffy pajamas, the kind with footies attached. She wrapped you in
a cozy, clown-patterned blanket. She was the mommy duck and
you were the little baby duck. When you screamed out in the full
darkness of night, she rushed to your bedside and buried your tear streaked face between her droopy milk-balloons. She gave you
cherry syrup for your cough. Band-Aids for your skinned knee. A
cinnamon stick in your hot apple cider. You were a houseplant in
mommy’s care. She watered you daily and pointed you toward the
sun. She loved you, and you felt that love down to your curled-up
toes. You believed her when she cooed that you’re beautiful.
When she promised you that everything would be alright, you
believed that, too. She was a big fat honeycomb who drowned
you in her sticky affection. Maybe you’re such a broken-down
pussy that you can’t admit your mother was a worthless cunt who
farted out a useless child. You somehow sense it, but you just can’t
face it. Mommy couldn't have been wrong, could she? It’s easy to
see why I hate you—you’re such a common, boring sap, but
you've had a good life. You were loved.
I wasn't. And I want to smash my mother’s teeth in. So don’t
appeal to my finer instincts. I've heard, “She’s your mother—you
only get one” from countless well-meaning drones. What exactly
are you saying? Should I value rectal cancer if I only get it once?
My mother gave me life? She spread her legs. And if she hits me
or tries to keep me down, she’s an enemy before she’s my mother.
Feminists like to justify their anti-penis blather with claims that men
abused them, and it’s not a bad excuse. But remember this basic
law when you start sniffing around for misogyny’s roots—behind
every Sick White Male lies a Sick White Mommy.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

This comment is from Vicarious Rising and I fuh-uked around and deleted it.

I had to quit reading, it felt too real. I'll go back again later.

I did get a giant chuckle out of the part where he wrote "should I value rectal cancer because I got it once".



q1605 said...

That's what makes it compelling. If this were a figment of his imagination he couldn't sell it.
It would be top heavy.
People want to talk about living an authentic life?
Well here ya'go.

upsi said...

I really enjoyed reading the story, loved it start to finish.

q1605 said...

He's the best in the west.
And highly recommended in the east.

Gladys said...

And yet, the argument is always that we go NC 'all of the sudden'. No reasons, no history - they never saw it coming. We are just ungrateful little bastards. Wouldn't it be awesome if we were ALL born with that handy little delete key these people have imbeded in their memory banks. I could use one.

Tundra Woman said...

Gladys, If you happen to come across one of those "Delete Keys" could ya let us all know where ya found it? ;) Can you just imagine the "market" for THAT gizmo?! Unfortunately, I think the EPs have already "cornered" that particular "market"....seein' as how our memories are soooo "unreliable" or some such thing.
It takes no little bit of courage to be as honest as this guy is.
Many thanks, Texarcana friend-great find, thanks for the "referral." And for your participation here in the trenches of reality with the rest of us "ungrateful little bastards."
TW

Gladys said...

That's the name of my new band. 'Ungrateful Little Bastards'. I play tambourine. With gusto.

upsi said...

I will gladly take lead vocals in the Ungrateful Little Bastards ensemble. With pleasure. Q can vouch for me he heard my demo tapes.

q1605 said...

Upsi's voice is large and dramatic. Her worldly wise and earthy delivery is sure to effect the next generation of women vocalists.
She can do sultry and smoky, yet also be as eclectic as Joni Mitchell.
That will be 25 dollars please.

upsi said...

Your services are well worth the nominal fee. You should be our Manager.

upsi said...

and guitarist, obviously

q1605 said...

My best work is hitting "e" 38 times in a row on my dazzling solo during Neil Youngs "Down by the River"

Tundra Woman said...

Shake that thang, Gladys! ;) Upsi on vocals-woo hoo! Q on gee-tar-lots of experience thar! Where's VR? Another picker!
Have no fear of lacking an "adudience:" Upsi's NPs will just happen to "Find you" after frantically stalking all OVER the cybersphere for the "Ungrateful Little Bastards."
I'm thinkin' the "Ungrateful Little Bastards" need a home page for all their upcoming performances and-oh wait....that's already been established: It's called, "You Don't Have to Dance For Them." ;)
TW

vicariousrising said...

Ooh ooh. Me too. I'd be happy to play rhythm guitar

upsi said...

Our first break out single can be "Snot Rag" - a throw back to us snot nosed kids. ULB will be sweeping the estrangement circuit in no time.

vicariousrising said...

Bwahahaha.

I actually kind of love this idea. I already wish that us ACoNs lived nearby. I wanna rock!

Tundra Woman said...

(ohhh, Just imagine the lyrics! The refrains!)

"Ohhh, I've cried myself to sleep!
You ungrateful little creep!
After all I've done for (to) you
You snot-nosed nasty shrew!

I might a made a few "mistakes"
But sweet-stuff, them's the breaks
I done called that Dr. Coleman
(He's the The EP's greatest soul man!)

The Doc done tol' me here's what to do
He gave me a letter to fix your coup
No need for me to own my shit
Because you, "my dear" are in a lil' snit

So come on back into the NP Den
"It's the here and now, not there and then"
My conditional love ain't changed a bit
Just cuz you're havin' a snot-nosed fit!

Oh Lawd, what'll the neighbors think!
The Holidays are commin', don't want no stink!
'member when I "lifted" you a Dr. Seuss?
I'm gonna have ta set the Flyin' Monkey's loose!

We can all be doin' the "Snot-Nosed Rag" ;)
TW

upsi said...

I think we found our lyricist, this thing is really comin together

vicariousrising said...

Love it, TW!