Monday, September 29, 2014

Life's Not Fair.



“There are many pleasant fictions of the law in constant operation, but there is not one so pleasant or practically humorous as that which supposes every man to be of equal value in its impartial eye, and the benefits of all laws to be equally attainable by all men, without the smallest reference to the furniture of their pockets.” 
― Charles Dickens,  


Suck it Annie!

  John F. Kennedy was not the first person to use the phrase "Life's not fair." In typical narcissist fashion, we have a privileged person telling the down trodden to buck up and make the best of things. Coming from a person whose father paid the price of admission for him to become the most powerful person in the world, his words ring hollow.
  I would tell JFK to shove it.
  I have also heard what an ass wipe his father was. His father Joe nailed every bit of starlet fluff he could throw on a casting couch, despite his long standing marriage to Rose Kennedy,  the Kennedy family matriarch. Joe also had his daughter lobotomized for being a bit too rambunctious. If his daughter were anything like my mother, I would have recommended him going full bore and having her euthanized. For his sake and everyone else's.

  It's hard to fight if the fight ain't fair. Acon's should have had the forethought be born to a rum runner at the height of prohibition, and hope one of your parents doesn't take the family fortune and metaphorically torch it in some back alley. Life looks fair. We all get the same nine month shake in the oven. We all get the same roll of the dice. Some of us come up with seven's and some of us snake eyes. As an Acon blogger it's my job to tell you life is not fair. But I don't want to resort to the same hubris and platitudes I loathe in others. If they could just come up with a better rebuttal than a well placed bon mot for people whose lives were filled with the inequity of living with a psychopath. Or at least put more thought in their words. It's also my job to tell you that life is precious. And that none of us should ever give up trying to make ours better.
If I am going to resort to platitudes let it be this.
Life is not fair, and we all die unhealed. 

My advice to you is in the next life don't be born to people who view you as a cardboard cut out for their delusional sideshow.  



7 comments:

Pandora Viltis said...

You know the theory that we choose our parents before we are born? I used to wonder about that and why the ever loving fuck I hated myself so much to choose my mother.

Or if I was reincarnated, I must've done something hateful.

At any rate, you're right, all we can do is try to make ourselves better.

Joan S said...

"Life's not fair", I've heard that all the time. Sad though it is it's not all that comforting. Supposed to be comforting though, I guess.

mulderfan said...

No one makes it out alive! Except Jesus and all he got was a few extra days then poof!

q1605 said...

Yeah Mfan I am combing the bible searching for loopholes.....I'll keep you posted.
Pandora. I don't know what I did in my previous life but I must have been right up there with Stalin.
Joan. I don't think people say that to be comforting. I think it translates to, I got mine. You get yours.

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

Pandora, I know I didn't choose them.

As a Christian I do believe in heaven.

If karma was true--I don't think it is, I had to have lived the most evil life in the world to this one, maybe most ACONs would agree.

I don't like snotty narcissists who go on the bootstrap and life is not fair lectures. They use this stuff to lord over others.

Agree about JFK's family. I heard the daughter they lobotomized was not that severely developmentally disabled. She did have a lower IQ. They definitely destroyed her. She was unfortunate to be born into a family who threw her away. She rebelled a little and they made her paid. Reading this story is truly horrific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary_Kennedy

The Bible tells us it rains on the just and unjust, but I believe everything will be evened out in the end.

Life is not fair in this world but this world is not eternity.

q1605 said...

Peep, I have yet to visit that link. The impression I got from watching a PBS special way back, was that she liked to kick up her heels quite a bit but was otherwise normal. The image that comes to mind is the Pat Hingle's daughter in the movie "Splendor in the Grass" My impression was that they were more afraid of her bringing an out of wedlock baby (and thus "shame on the family's good name than they were of anything else). Nobody quote me on that. That's just supposition on my part.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splendor_in_the_Grass

q1605 said...

Peep that's a tragic story no matter what. I didn't know they thought her I Q was that low or that they think she got deprived of oxygen at birth.