Monday, April 25, 2016

Are You Receiving Me

I ain't the most spiritual guy around, and I hate to turn this thing into a music blog, but despite the plethora of sociopath behavior I was exposed to, my well is about run dry.   
I was thinking today about the inevitability we hope exists about the crazies being held accountable for their actions and the best I can do is this. When I die and cross over to where ever it is we go after we die. If there is one question we are asked. And that question is why did we betray everyone we were supposed to have taken care of. I know what my answer will be.  



If your circles could be spirals
And your idols weren't machines
If you could pick up all the signals
And flash on where you've been

Maybe you don't feel it at all
It's your own fault, crawl boy crawl
If you could quit the miming
And try some different timing
You could get a chance to be free

Are you receiving me
(It's the pilot's plea)
Are you receiving me
(Close to insanity)
Are you receiving me
(Recharge your battery)
Ooh, are you receiving me

If your prayers could all be answered
And you were given time to pay
The chances would be so heavy
But you'd find a better way

Maybe you don't feel it at all
It's your own fault, crawl boy crawl
If you could quit the miming
And try some different timing
You could get a chance to be free

Are you receiving me
(It's the pilot's plea)
Are you receiving me
(Close to insanity)
Are you receiving me
(Recharge your battery)

Are you receiving me
(Close to insanity)
Are you receiving me
(Recharge your battery)
Ooh, are you receiving

Are you receiving me
(It's the pilot's plea)
Are you receiving me
(Close to insanity)
Are you receiving me
(Recharge your battery)

Are you receiving me
(Close to insanity)
Are you receiving me
(Or are you out to lunch)
Are you receiving






7 comments:

Joan S said...

I was just thinking today that when I learn something it is only when it is all done and over with. And I can't change the past or have a do over. Now I'm learning to be a parent to my grown children, this is the hardest task ever, and I know I'll know how to do it right when its all over with too. So I'll get to heaven, having learned it all, but it will be a bit of a mess behind me.

Oh and when I've made progress in one area of my life something else comes apart. So when everything is done I would have learned it all, but with not with the progress of what I had learned. I was wondering does anyone else feels this way? Like a doping failure? Like I never did anything right, but I'm a big know it all. lol Cause I did learn it.

q1605 said...

We can learn a lot from hind site and project it forward to govern our future actions. I would say our failings speak more to the way we were raised than it does to the present or future. The only time we are failures is when we forget the past and act with the absence of moral fiber our parents tried to bestow on us. I feel confident that you (Joan) don't will fully subject your loved ones to abuse and excuse it by saying it's all you know....and it's how you were raised. In my book that makes it doubly wrong. We of all people should be able to identify and correct dysfunctional behavior because we bore the brunt of it all our lives. You are only a failure if you use your past to perpetuate and excuse it rather than break the cycle of abuse.

q1605 said...

This post wasn't as much a declaration of perfection as it was me being pretty sure not having to fidget in front of the powers that be like I am sure our parents will have to.

Joan S said...

Oh, I know I will be all, "why why why." when I get there. I don't know if our parents will fidget, they will probably wonder why God is sitting on their throne and probably tell God to get off of it. I'm sure you won't do that.

I forgot how powerful hindsight is, and it just isn't fair. It feels like I have all new issues to deal with everytime. I have to try to make it work with the hindsight helping me. I do kinda blame the past, but at the same time, I try to learn through, get it right. Doesn't happen. But I believe in my heart I am making the best decisions I can at the time. I know I am anti-materialistic, and if I'm not careful I might preach this one to the moon. So for me, it is about balancing things. I don't want to be crazy. lol I just think I'm in over my head is all. No wonder, I was "The Baby". So I just breathe, say "ok", then move on one step at a time.

But your last line reminded me of this. What if I am screwing everyone all up? Oh no. ok, its ok.

Tundra Woman said...

I don't think our's will be fidgeting as much as "demonstrating" their cage fighting skills physically and verbally.
TW

q1605 said...

I guess a clear conscience is something I don't have, but it will be clearer than theirs. If I was deciding the fate of others I would smite your average narcissist and not give it a second thought.

q1605 said...

I am not completely going to change the point of this blog. I was thinking of how many ways I can say I was like a drunken sailor caught between two whores. And since that thought I have seen two occasions that would prompt me to post an observation about.