Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Poisoned well


Mulderfan just commented on a post about  the only way to figure crazy people out is to be crazy yourself. I am taking a millennium slacker day  and heard this quote from a movie called "Veronica decides to die."  Veronica attempts suicide and gets put in a psychiatric ward for observation and treatment. It's kind of simplistic but I am feeble minded enough to copy it and slack out of writing something myself. 




  “Once upon a time, powerful wizard, who wanted to destroy an entire kingdom, placed a magic potion in the well from which the inhabitants drank. Whoever drank that water would go mad.

The following morning, the whole population drank from the well and they all went mad, apart from the king and his family, who had a well set aside for them alone, which the magician had not managed to poison. The king was worried and tried to control the population by issuing a series of edicts governing security and public health. The policemen and the inspectors, however, had also drunk the poisoned water, and they thought the king’s decisions were absurd and resolved to take notice of them.

When the inhabitants of the kingdom heard these decrees, they became convinced that the king had gone mad and was now giving nonsensical orders. They marched on the castle and called for his abdication.

In despair the king prepared to step down from the throne, but the queen stopped him, saying: ‘Let us go and drink from the communal well. Then we will be the same as them.’

And that was what they did: The king and queen drank the water of madness and immediately began talking nonsense. Their subjects repented at once; now that the king was displaying such ‘wisdom’, why not allow him to rule the country?

The country continued to live in peace, although its inhabitants behaved very differently from those of its neighbors. And the king was able to govern until the end of his days.” 
― Paulo CoelhoVeronika Decides to Die

16 comments:

Joan S said...

This helps me to understand a little better why crazy people think I'm the one who's crazy.

q1605 said...

Its better than those posters that say "you don't have to be crazy to work here but it helps". If I see another one of those you'll have to send a swat team to my house to flush me out into the open.

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who has not drunk from the well of madness, you know the only one who sees the emperor is naked.

q1605 said...

If it settles out in the end it's relative. Some days you are the hammer and some days the nail. If I could drink I would go out and get hammered and be both.

Joan S said...

I love this so much I think I should print it out and have it framed. Bill Cosby always freaked me out and that show, the Cosby Show proved it. He was always bashing his kids for not having money of their own, and what was up with that into? Grandiose much? The only parent those kids had was the mom, the dad was always acting like a freak. I told the other kids, I was a youngen then, and they told me that it was a nice family show, but I found him scary.

q1605 said...

They have an article about all that on that find a death site. About his son Ennis getting robbed and shot on his way home but it will wait until tomorrow.

Joan S said...

I mean introduction to the Cosby Show, it was bizarre.

q1605 said...

Yeah they all looked a little too happy for my tastes. Probably on drugs.

q1605 said...

My sister and I were talking about divorces and the families of your ex's and she was commenting about how she divorced her first husband and never saw him or his family ever again. Then juxtaposed it to me divorcing Lisa and her attaching herself to me like a barnacle. She used to send our neighbors up to spy on me at my glass shop and send her uncle and she sent her friend to apply for a job and she later forged checks and if I had asked for it the DA's office would have given her time but I told him I didn't see any point in it. I gave one of my employee's a key to my apartment and he quit and that night I had a few too many and was asleep on the couch and he let her in and they were walking around like they owned the place until I stood up and was going to call the police and they ran out the door and drove off. This was the main time when I refer to her looking me in the eye and saying "wasn't me". I saw you and she asked me if I had her on video and if I didn't it didn't happen. They really are psychotic.

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

Bill Cosby freaks me out. I don't trust any celebrities wonder at times if they sell their souls to the devil literally for fame more and more. Even friends who thought he was being framed for being a successful black man, had to back down and realize the number of women was too high and there was too much funny business. Conspiracy websites expose really bad stuff on Bill Cosby. I don't think the conspiracy people are "crazy tin-hatters" when they talk about pedophile and sex rings in celebrity circles. I do think sometimes one gets caught. Even that Jared guy got sent to prison for child molestation.

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

With Lisa its too bad you didn't send her off for the checks, she more then deserved it. It's weird how she would come bumping around later even in your house! Wow. Why did she even want to go over there? What do you think her plan was just to mess with you?

Joan S said...

And in that intro you could see Cosby shaking his ass. And the look on his face most of the time, was of a pure madman. It was a friggin family show, and people didn't see it. All they saw was a nice family man, but I never saw a family man, but try to tell that to someone at the time, it was impossible.

I can't see how they remain under the radar of monkeys, I mean they are crazy lunatics. I suppose your ex was trying to gaslight you and you saw right through it, and that is what pissed her off so much about you. I wish you would have charged her for forging those checks. I wish you videotaped her, but even then they probably would have turned the whole mess on you. I have experienced this sooo much in my lifetime, so much I forgot. I could write a book on it.

q1605 said...

It wasn't Lisa who stole the checks and forged them it was her friend. If I knew then what I know now she would have needed a wet suit cause she would have gone up the river. This was before my mother died and really the ink was not dry on the divorce papers yet. It reminds me of the title to that song I was so much older then I'm younger than that now but not really it's more that any time I show mercy and cut people a break they turn right around and fuck me and not in the good way either. Lisa steals her shit with a lawyer. It reminds me of something she did that I never mention. During our divorce she kept wanting more than her fair share and she would remind me that I had the farm money to fall back on. Oh never mind she basically had it tallied and deposited already (at least in her head)

q1605 said...

There is nothing like a good Bill Cosby impression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF6jXd0ZBWM

Joan S said...

So sorry she did that, and played on your conscience that way, "you had the farm money". What a disgusting pig. A swamp creature from the black lagoon. How they love to play on a human conscience, its so deliberate, and I don't know how they even manage, how do they manage to manipulate something they don't even have, can't relate to, its crazy.

That jiggedy jig thing that Cosby used to do, was to me very triggering. I mean, you got the point and he just seemed to carry it too far.

q1605 said...

Joan it was creepy very creepy