Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Micheal Moore's To- Do List

Morning After To-Do List:
1. Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn't let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must "heal the divide" and “come together.” They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn’t wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that's about to begin.
4. Everyone must stop saying they are “stunned” and “shocked.” What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren’t paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all “You're fired!” Trump’s victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.
5. You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: “HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!” The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don’t. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he’s president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there’s climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don’t want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the “liberal” position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above). Let's try to get this all done by noon today. -- Michael Moore

15 comments:

Judith said...

Number 4 is so true, although I still think Trump
Is a joke. A really deadly awful one, but still a joke.

You know, I was thinking about it today but I'm not 100% sold that the electoral college is a bad thing. I need to do my own research, but my first thought is wondering if people who are dispersed in rural areas, like farmers, would really be harmed by having the so much of the votes concentrated in cities. I definitely don't know the answer, as much as I wish we could toss the electoral college out today so that Trump can just go away.

Judith said...

Ok a very very preliminary look seems like from Madison's Federalist #10 that he thought the electoral college would prevent unworthy people from getting elected into the presidency. If I'm reading it right. Doesn't seem to have worked.

Judith said...

Don't get me wrong, I'm thinking about all the people who didn't bother voting because they felt their vote wouldn't count because their state always goes Dem or Rep.

q1605 said...

Apparently society needs protection from non violent criminals like me so it relieved me of the burden of voting. But in a long tradition of sociopaths that like to run things from the sidelines I won't let that stop me from voicing my opinion however crazy and counter intuitive they may be.

Judith said...

It really bothers me hat you are dn iced a vote once you've "repaid you debt to society". It seems wrong, especially if you are paying taxes -- it's taxation without representation.

Sorry for all my rambling. When I am feeling powerless, I tend to do research.

q1605 said...

I will opt out of representation like that and do it with much zeal and gusto. It works out because I can't serve on a jury. I think it would surprise you if you knew how many people have a felony conviction. Most people hide it but I really don't give a shit. It's part of who I am and how I got here.

q1605 said...

The good thing about trump is that I don't think we will have to wait long to see him show the inner working of the megalomaniac mind.

q1605 said...

I also want to take some time to apologize to the people who left comments on my Trump memes. I just thought leaving them up in the new world Trump order may not be healthy.

q1605 said...


Maybe it's a sign of the apocalypse but I visited the lucky otter and we finally agree on something. That is that he is a dangerous freak and should be shot in the neck with a tranquilizer dart. Those are my words not hers. But she seems to sense the ill portent of having this bastard at the controls of the free world

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

I liked Michael Moore a lot during the Roger and Me Days. I used to go see his movies. I wish he had seen through the two party system and been one of the people who warned us, but he didn't. Sigh. Surely he's got to know the out of touch elitists lost the heartland for basically ignoring what was happening economically. When Flint becomes everywhere, what do you expect Michael Moore? Why they think a billionaire will solve this, is beyond me. At least Trump is against TPP, and the rest but I am scared to death of a meglomaniac as president. Even Dr. Evil seemed restrained in comparison.

Bess said...

I agree. There's lots of shit that I don't cry about anymore, but this horrifies me. We spend our goddamn lives fighting not to be victimized by people like him, and now he's in charge.

q1605 said...

Its like waking up one morning and having my mother reanimated and living by her whims all over again. One life with that crazy bitch was one life too many.

Judith said...

Looking at Trump's transition team is scaring the crap out of me. And Russia talking about how they were in contact with Trump's team throughout the campaign. Why isn't the FBI all over this?

(Also, sorry for all the typos in my comment above. Stupid spellcheck, plus my haste in posting without proofreading)

q1605 said...

Bess I just hope it doesn't play out like my mothers influence on our family. No one but no one is stupid enough to live a life around my mother and not recognize that her short comings were self generated. I just hope that Trump supporters don't sit there going Rah rah sis boom bah until he gets us somewhere we can't back out of. This is a private e-mail I am using to quit letting my family let my mother off the hook. You let her get to where she got and your answer to her was to put me and my sister in harms way rather than to face her insanity and the wrath she bestowed on any person that called her on her shit. This also go for Trump supporters. I just hope we don't have to pay for his inept disregard for his fellow man for decades to come.


My mother was good at sniffing out and snuffing out prosperity. We were doomed no matter what. By the end I don't buy that they didn't know her for exactly what she was. I mean how many marriages can one person send to divorce court and how many men do you get to kill before someone sees you are the common denominator in all the bad things. I think they had their eyes wide open when they enabled her to do what ever she wanted when ever she wanted to do it. She whacked that guy and almost went to prison. She drove my father down like a dog. And after my father died she jumped in the car with her boyfriend and within six months had married him and left me on the farm for my grandmother to raise. No one is that stupid. They just got out of her way and threw me and sis to her. it's hard to say for sure and from this far out. I don't think they actually had the conscious thought of throwing me to the dogs they just each day gave her what she wanted until it was second nature. I saw her go off on my grandmother a couple of times. I saw her go off on us all. People just didn't want to buy she was evil because they knew she triangulated and was always checking the family pulse and was a hair trigger steel trap waiting to go off and if they could get us to put our foot in the trap to save theirs it just couldn't be helped. As of this date you cannot find a single bit of good she passed along to her family not a penny not a smile not as much as a fuck you. She was always in the center of a fight and she was always talking people down to get them into an argument and she was never in the least a live and let live person. She didn't get that way over night. And if they didn't know it it's too bad I just hate that them letting things go for another day was paid for by the decent people in our family. And is being paid for to this day.

q1605 said...

Don't worry Judy it's good preparation for the onslaught of trump speak headed our way.