Saturday, April 8, 2017

Do liars actually believe the Bullshit they spew?

Image result for lying bitches.


  Growing up in Texas there was an old saying that "so and so" would rather climb a tall tree and tell a lie than to stand on the ground and tell the truth. That statement was never truer than used to describe the partners in crime that would be my mother and my first wife. I don't think I saw a kernel of truth issued from the mouths of either of them. I would give my low hanging fruit to hear them yammering to each other like the witches in Mac Beth in what would essentially be a contest of lies that would be unparalleled out side of politics and a convention of used car salesmen. I take that back. 10 seconds of their bullshit would make me seize like a rusty chain saw so I best leave that out. One question I have above all others is if the people who tell these whoppers actually believe them. I have had my mother look me square in the eye and deny that she ever committed a single criminal act in her life and told me my well documented accounts of her trial for first degree murder was something I dreamed up from all the brain damage I accrued while smoking pot as a teenager. Don't even get me started on my ex. My head might explode like that guy on the movie "scanners"

Image result for scanners head explosion
 When my ex and my mother joined forces they became the two bodied beast with one head goon from the black lagoon! 
I would watch my ex walk into another guys apartment and then have her tell me I had her mistaken with someone else. When I die I am going to have a two word epitaph..............PROVE IT!

So lets see what the wiki page has to say. 

That's gotta be true.

Pathological lying (also called pseudologia fantastica and mythomania) is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying. It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck. Although it is a controversial topic, pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime" The individual may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth. Sometimes however, the individual may be lying to make their life seem more exciting when in reality they believe their life is unpleasant or boring.
Defining characteristics of pathological lying include:
The stories told are usually dazzling or fantastical, but never breach the limits of plausibility, which is key to the pathological liar's tactic. The tales are not a manifestation of delusion or some broader type of psychosis—on confrontation, the teller can admit they are untrue, even if unwillingly.
The fabricative tendency is chronic. It is not provoked by the immediate situation or social pressure so much as it is an innate trait of the personality. There is some element of dyscontrol present.
A definitely internal, not an external, motive for the behavior can be discerned clinically: e.g., long-lasting extortion or habitual spousal battery might cause a person to lie repeatedly, without the lying being a pathological symptom.
The stories told tend toward presenting the liar favorably. The liar "decorates their own person" by telling stories that present them as the hero or the victim. For example, the person might be presented as being fantastically brave, as knowing or being related to many famous people, or as having great power, position, or wealth.Pathological lying may also present as false memory syndrome, where the sufferer genuinely believes that fictitious (imagined) events have taken place. Sufferers may believe they have accomplished superhuman feats or awe-inspiring acts of altruism and love—or have committed equally grandiose acts of diabolical evil, for which they must atone or already have atoned in their fantasies.
Some psychiatrists distinguish compulsive from pathological lying, while others consider them equivalent; yet others deny the existence of compulsive lying altogether; this remains an area of considerable controversy.
Diagnosing pathological lying can be difficult. Psychologists are trained to understand the issues this diagnosis presents as a disorder. It is listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, third edition. It is a stand-alone disorder as well as a symptom of other disorders such as psychopathy and antisocial narcissistic, and histrionic personality disorders, but people who are pathological liars may not possess characteristics of the other disorders.  Excessive lying is a common symptom of several mental disorders.
It has been shown through ;ie detector tests  that PF (pseudologia fantastica) patients exhibit arousal, stress, and guilt from their deception. This is different from psychopaths, who experience none of those reactions. People affected by antisocial disorder lie for external personal profit in the forms of money, sex, and power. PF is strictly internal. The difference between borderline personality disorder and PF is that BPD patients desperately try to cope with their feeling of abandonment, mistreatment, or rejection by making empty threats of suicide or false accusations of abandonment. Pathological liars do not feel rejected, they have high levels of self-assurance that help them lie successfully. Unlike those with histrionic personality, pathological liars are more verbally dramatic than sexually flamboyant. Narcissists think they have achieved perfection and are unempathetic to others. PF patients do not show these anti-social behaviors, they often lie because they think their life is not interesting enough. The only diagnosis in our current system where purposeless, internally motivated deception is listed is axis I factitious disorder. This diagnosis deals with people who lie about having physical or psychological disorders. People with PF tend to lie about their identities and past history. "Other specified disorder of adult personality and behavior" as this defines itself as "This category should be used for coding any specified disorder of adult personality and behavior that cannot be classified under any one of the preceding headings". Here the specified disorder is the lying for psychological reasons (not material ones e.g. money etc.) and the behavior would also need to meet the necessary conditions to be viewed as a psychiatric illness.
Lying is the act of both knowingly and intentionally or willfully making a false statement. Most people do so out of fear. Normal lies are defensive, and are told to avoid the consequences of truth telling. They are often white lies that spare another's feelings, reflect a pro-social attitude, and make civilized human contact possible. Pathological lying is considered a mental illness, because it takes over rational judgment and progresses into the fantasy world and back. Pathological lying can be described as a habituation of lying. It is when an individual consistently lies for no personal gain. The lies are commonly transparent and often seem rather pointless.
There are many consequences of being a pathological liar. Due to lack of trust, most pathological liars' relationships and friendships fail. If the disease continues to progress, lying could become so severe as to cause legal problems, including, but not limited to, fraud.
Psychotherapy appears to be one of the only methods to treat a person suffering from pathological lying. No research has been performed regarding the use of pharmaceutical medication to treat pathological liars. Some research suggests that certain people may have a "predisposition to lying". A study showed that pathological liars had increased white matter volumes in the orbito frontal inferior frontal, and middle frontal cortices compared to control groups. There is a counter-argument saying long-term training may cause regional increase in white matter volume, and the repeated activation may cause permanent changes in brain chemistry. It could be either a genetic condition, or an environmentally induced one. Further research is needed on this subject to determine the cause.
Pathological lying is a complex phenomenon, differing from other mental illnesses. It has many life-changing consequences for those who must live with the illness. Currently, there is not enough research in the area of pathological lying to guarantee a cure.


But you can't lie to your god and you can't lie to your soul. So you know what this means donchew?
Get ready to meet this guy if you are an unrepentant liar!

Related image



20 comments:

mulderfan said...

There were, and still are, times when my parents and brother flat out lied and YES they knew they were lying.
However, each and every one of them has called me a liar. FUCK 'EM!

q1605 said...

The two things that piss me off most in this life and that is for a crazy person to call me crazy and a liar to call me a liar.

q1605 said...

Let me ask you Does that well constructed post look like it was written by a brain damaged guy?

q1605 said...


OK you got me on that one! My Bad!

mulderfan said...

How the hell would a brain damaged gal know if a brain damaged guy wrote a post?

q1605 said...

Good point! I can always count on you Canadians to get right to the heart of the matter

Judith said...

I think my mother believes her lies. My STBX, however... I'm not sure and I don't think I'll ever know. I do think he convinces himself that his lies are justified.

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

I am still trying to make it through some of the thicket of lies, this many years later. I realized how bad I got gaslighted. Every word out of their mouths was lies. I hated that I believed so many too. Two narcs together seem to feed off each other, they grow worse among those like them.

Tundra Woman said...

It's only important YOU believe them!
TW

Bess said...

I'm still not sure if my dad knew he wasn't telling the truth most of the time. His whole life was just confabulation. I still remember him telling me he'd never had sex until he married my mother. I asked him how to explain his two previous marriages and his oldest daughter. He face was priceless...But kinda sad. He really did look as confused as he looked like a critter in the headlights.

q1605 said...

Which I grew out of TW. Once I realized the depth and magnitude of the lies the pair of queens that would be my mother and ex wife respectively tried to pass off as the truth I terminated my relation ship with them both.

q1605 said...

Bess I have worked it from every possible angle and I find it impossible to find pity on someone who destroyed so many lives and then passed the torch to someone out side the family to carry on with her work. Maybe if I hadn't heard her make so many smart ass remarks over the years that let me know my memory was spot on. But in the end she would rather destroy what what was left than to cop to a nano second of truth. It's time for me to let it go. I can't fix crazy.

q1605 said...

Bess your dad sounds a lot like my mom. My current wife said my mom would talk about this while she was single and that while she was single but she was single for about six months after my father died and no more. She squeezed a lot of life into a very small amount of time.

q1605 said...

Peep I don't think you can get there from here. This lie covers that lie which begets the other lie and it forms a wall impervious to the truth. Like a duck repels water, their lies repel the truth. It is a self reinforcing loop of deception. An honest person gets lost in the thicket.

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

I don't think so either. I got lost in a few loops thinking, "This doesn't make sense" and trying to back track and it ended up nowhere. She kept so many secrets, I was sunk. The woman's a stranger and so are the rest of them and I am still very glad I left.

q1605 said...

The problem starts when you start understanding they are crazy and on top of being lies they follow no pattern of linear thinking and human logic. Their stories are a driver less car that keeps rolling until it rolls off a cliff.

Joan S said...

There was this guy who said he found an alien in the park, it killed his dog, he hit the alien with a stick, knocked it out, took it home, took pictures. I don't remember who he is but he is famous for it now, published books and all. I just saw it on this show, which tries to reenact things like this. Anyway, one of the people on the show is an ex-FBI profiler, and he said the guy is lying, that the guy even says he lies, and it goes over everyone's heads. He says, "it is HIS truth, and he doesn't care who doesn't believe him." But he still has believers everywhere. I suppose it may be because people want to believe in the UFO phenomena so much, that his stories are believed.

So if someone tells you "its THEIR truth" then its just a story in their head. Cool lesson for the day.

Tundra Woman said...

Yeah. And we're the passengers in the vehicle.
TW

q1605 said...

Joanie. I saw that guy too. He went to Southern California and started a church that Tom Cruise go's to.
http://www.midnighthollow.com/2010/11/dr-jonathan-reeds-hoax-alien/

q1605 said...

TW! I heard my mother died in her sleep. The rest of her passengers had to pull themselves from her car onto the median using just their arms and screaming my legs my legs I can't feel my legs!