Saturday, July 29, 2017

Frustration with No Contact




I think of even the most simple minded people as complex,with a well developed range of character, so I project this depth on to my sociopath. But that range only exists in my  mind. In reality they never were any thing of any depth, but to mirror back to me the complex engagement I projected toward them. In my mind they were complex but they are really flat cue card mirrors with nothing there but me shining my self into their direction and them holding me up me myself. 

4 comments:

Judith said...

I think this is a pretty great observation

q1605 said...

Judith ........It's at best sobering and at worst like having the most iconic person you have ever built up in your mind. A regular Marilyn Monroe Humphrey Bogart rolled into one person. Someone you mythologized to the highest regard and position you can give to some one in your head. And have them go into your toilet and hear them farting and shitting their way through moving their flatulent bowels and leaving the worst miasma you can imagine in their wake, after they wipe with you finest guest towels. And throw them on the floor for you to clean up later. But that's just me.

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

when you realize the shells are empty can be a horrifying moment.

q1605 said...

You realize you have been talking to a machine that records your words and spits them back at you at regular intervals.