Saturday, July 8, 2017

Narcissists are back stabbers.

So I'm watching this movie called "Breach" about a soviet agent that worked his way into the upper ranks of the FBI and has sold millions of dollars of info to his soviet counter parts. And the guy they have worked into a position to ferret him out is asking why they have such a hard on for him and her answer is part of what I would tell people when they ask why I hate my mother so much. You can pontificate on the obvious. About how she morally and physically bankrupted our family. The murder trial she dragged us through. The lost youth and squandered futures. How she spiritually snuffed  us out like insect husks in an old hanging spider web. About all the puzzle pieces of a once decent family that will never fit back together. But the cherry on top of all this insult is how we all could have just stayed home and never done a thing but drink whiskey and sat on a couch in front of the television and be just as well off. I could have bankrupted myself and trashed my health and never left the house.  This is the exact quote from the actress Laura Linney to Ryan Philippe and man do I get what she is saying.............

Image result for back stabbers


 Ryan asks Linney "what if this guy is smarter than me"?

   Linney:  A couple of years ago, the bureau put together a task force. Lots of assets had been disappearing. So this task force was formed to find the mole who was giving them up. Our best analysts poring over data for years looking for the guy, and they could never quite find him. Guess who was put in charge of the task force? He was smarter than all of us. Actually, I can live with that part. It's the idea that my entire career has been a waste of time, that's the part I hate. Everything I've done since I got to this office, everything we've all been paid to do, he was undoing it. We all coulda just stayed home. 

6 comments:

Five Hundred Pound Peep said...

That's how it works doesn't it. Narcissists seek power and they also seek the checking positions, that way they can make sure they can keep playing cover-up. I think about the wasted time too, way too much of it. Narcissists are eager to keep their finger on every pulse, they are three steps ahead chess wise far too often.

q1605 said...

Handling one is like Sisyphus who spends eternity rolling a ball to the top of a hill only to have it roll down to the other side and over and over again.

Tundra Woman said...

I am so glad I waslked away long before she died. At least I had a life. I'd rather have a Bashit Crazy Eruption a couple times a year than on the daily.
TW

q1605 said...

TW As you might have figured out you can't even let your guard down when they die.

withrecklessabandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
q1605 said...

Not sure what the point is from the person above but since he spent 1 hour 53 minutes and 11 seconds making it I think he more than paid the price of admission.